Saturday, September 19, 2015

Iroh Destiny Quote

Two nights ago my husband and I watched the Avatar: The Last Airbender finale, all four episodes. We wanted to watch something, and that sounded good. And it was good. During one of the episodes, Iroh said a quote that I really liked, so I wrote it down on a scrap of paper. My husband suggested I make a design for it. Since I love to save quotes by pinning them, I decided to design and pin the quote.

I had an idea for the border, so I looked for a stock image that I could at least modify to make what I wanted. I didn't find anything that seemed quite right, but they did give me some ideas. After mulling it over some more, I decided to attempt to create the type of border I wanted. I opened up Adobe Illustrator and started trying to create something like what I envisioned. After some trial and error, I created something I felt would work. I designed four intertwining strands in the colors of blue, green, red, and yellow to represent the four nations—Water, Earth, Fire, Air. I then got the idea to put some icon in each corner to represent each nation. I found a stock image that had exactly what I needed.

Once I finished designing the border, I added the background and text. I wasn't completely satisfied with the design, but I liked it alright. I wrote this post and had my husband read the post. He told me not to post it until I really liked my design. So, today, I revised my design and this post. In the end, I have two variations of the design that I like. So, without further ado, here are my designs.




Which do you like best? Tell me in the comments below. 

1 comment: