Wednesday, July 26, 2017

Nutcracker Bookmarks


On Monday, I released my Red, Blue, and Green Nutcracker Cross-Stitch Patterns Combo Pack, as well as my Red and Green Nutcracker Cross-stitch Patterns.

I designed the Blue Nutcracker Cross-stitch Pattern after two years dancing as a party scene parent in the Shenandoah Ballet's annual Nutcracker performance. During the second year, I cross-stitched during the times when I wasn't on stage. A couple of girls enjoyed watching me, and one suggested I design a nutcracker. I liked the idea, so I designed the Blue Nutcracker and based it on the costume worn by the Nutcracker in the Shenandoah Ballet's production.


I didn't release the Blue Nutcracker Cross-stitch Pattern until the next Nutcracker season. That Christmas I gave a framed Blue Nutcracker Cross-stitch to the director, who is also my instructor for Adult Ballet.


I knew I wanted to do Red and Green Nutcracker Patterns as well since I love red and green nutcrackers. For the Red Nutcracker, I used the Nutcracker ornament I own for inspiration.


For the Green Nutcracker, I got inspiration from some Nutcrackers my friend Cinzia made. I combined elements from both her Nutcrackers into my design.


I stitched the Red and Green Nutcrackers using Gold Kreinik Thread. I like the softer feel of the Kreinik over the DMC, making it perfect to use on bookmarks. I had not been introduced to Kreinik thread yet when I stitched the Blue Nutcracker.

Which Nutcracker is your favorite?

No comments:

Post a Comment