Friday, April 14, 2017

Free Choose Your Own Colors Flowers Bookmark Cross-stitch Pattern


It all started with a leftover scrap of aida cloth from my Bunny Sitting on Easter Eggs Bookmark. I knew the scrap would make a good bookmark. Choosing a pretty pink color, I started by stitching diagonal lines. 



After I did that, I designed the flowers. My husband suggested I use my stash of leftover threads for the project, so I pulled them out. 


I used greens and brighter colors on the flowers. For the background, I used pastel colors. I stitched the pastel colors diagonally, in a patchwork sort of manner.


As I stitched, I realized that I had stitched the pink diagonals as if it were a vertical pattern and the rest as if it were a horizontal pattern. The fact that they don't have the top stitch facing the same direction irks me, but I decided for this project to let it go. It would be a nightmare with any other project though.


I like how this bookmark turned out. You can download this free pattern here: https://kebstudiocreations.gumroad.com/l/AEVja

No comments:

Post a Comment